So Much Craziness

by Tammy on February 3, 2018

Today my Westie turns 17 years old, and she blessed me by waking me up at 3:30am. I lay in bed for an hour and a half trying to fall back to sleep, but to no avail. I just have too much on my mind. So much to accomplish in the next month or so, and I wish we were closer to having the house ready to go. A lot of our projects are small, but they will still take time, and there are many things that only Dan can do. I can clean, declutter, pack, paint, etc, but it’s up to him to do the majority of the fixing. He will be leaving in two weeks for the entire week to move April down to Alabama and attend his meetings, so my goal is to make good use of that time to get a lot of deep cleaning done. Today we are going to look at carpet for the stairs/hallway. It would be quite expensive to replace all the upstairs carpet, but the stairs are the first thing people see when they walk in the door, and I believe the carpet in our house is original–except for the living room and dining room, which we replaced last year. I will do the best I can to make it presentable and give the buyers a carpet allowance if they want one.

Yesterday my mom and I went with April to get her drug test, to lunch, and to do a bit of shopping for April’s apartment. Drug tests are hard for April because she has a shy bladder. She was unable to go the first time, so we had to sit there for about forty-five minutes until she felt ready to try again. She was so flustered and I did my best to calm her down. Finally the second time she was able to go and it was such a relief for all of us. Shortly after we left she got the call that she had been approved to rent her apartment, so that cheered her up. We went to the dollar store and she bought a bunch of cleaning supplies, kleenex, paper towels, and stuff like that. Then we went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and we were able to find a few clearance items for her. By that time it was too late to go look at carpet, which was my and Dan’s plan for yesterday, so we decided to do it today instead. I also had to finish my discussion board posts, which were due last night. I really need to figure out how I am going to focus on school during this very transitional time.

On Thursday I broke the news to my mom about what was all going on. She was much more understanding this time around. Last time I told her I wanted to move South, she was not a happy camper. I think, though, that that conversation prepared her for this. She is happy for April and she told me that she wants to fly down to Alabama at the end of March to check things out so that when she has to come alone, she won’t be totally caught off guard, so last night I booked a flight for her and me to fly down at the end of March and come home a week later. We will be there for April’s birthday and I can show her around. I’m excited about going, but our house will have been on the market for only a short time, so Dan will be responsible for corralling all the animals if the house needs to be shown. I am so thankful that I married a very understanding man.

One final note, on Thursday, while we were still on our high about April, Dan was asked if he would be interested in an on-site promotion at CSU. He has fought the requirement to go back to the workplace for quite awhile now, so I wasn’t sure if he would seriously entertain the thought, but he said he’d consider it. I guess it’s difficult for one to pass up a job with vice president in the title. God continues to show such kindness to my family. I am completely in awe of how merciful and gracious He is to me. Now I just need to intercede for Ben, who is not having the same kind of luck that April is. He found out yesterday that he is not being considered for a job that he applied for at CSU and he also found out that he cannot take two masters classes at a time because his financial aid won’t cover it. But I know that everything will work out.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: