More Fun and Progress

by Tammy on August 4, 2018

I made it to my three month anniversary at work. I had to fill out my 90 day review this past week, which was a bit unnerving. Ninety days on a job do not afford many opportunities to excel at anything since it is all spent learning new things, but I have taken on some projects and special assignments, and that should help. There is no raise involved with this review; it is simply a check in, but I am still looking forward to having it behind me. In nine months, I am sure I will feel more confident.

I had a pretty good, albeit busy, week at work. I was able to have a little fun though. On Thursday I was preparing to go home for my hour lunch when I got an email saying that a soap making summer camp spot opened up (I had been on the wait list) and it started at 2:00 p.m., so I ended up working through my lunch to get my work done and I took my hour yesterday. That made yesterday go super fast, because we work 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday. I had four papers assigned to me, but only two actually had papers attached, so I was able to spend extra time working on the two I had, and then I worked on a project.

We had gutters installed on our house yesterday. Now I am excited for it to rain to see how well they work. Before the gutters, the rain would just drip off the house and make large divots in the ground all around the house. Now there is only one spot in the front of the house that will have that issue, and I am contemplating putting a decorative bucket of some sort there to catch the rain so that I can use it to water my plants. Eventually, I’d like to set up rain barrels. With all the rain we get here, I’d love to put some of it to good use.

When I came home for lunch yesterday, the gutter guys had the driveway blocked so I parked in the street and was going to walk in the front door. When I got to the porch, I saw something run across it. It was a little lizard. I wasn’t sure that we had any around my house because I’d not seen a single one since we moved in three months ago. I guess he got spooked out of his spot with all the gutter ruckus going on. I know I still need to take pictures of the house. Ben mowed the lawn and cleaned the kitchen and living room for me yesterday, so I may get around to taking some today. For some reason, this house seems to stay really clean compared to my old house. I do not know why, but I am not complaining at all. I should mop and vacuum floors today, but other than that, there isn’t much cleaning to do, which is good because I want to go to the beach this morning and then I need to work on assignments later today. I actually had discussion boards due yesterday, but I didn’t have time to do the research, so I will post today. Only one out of the five of us in that class posted. There are actually two discussions for this class, but one of them was missing the question, so I took a screen shot and posted it as my thread, lol. I will go back later and write something more substantial based on my best guess of the topic.

Last night Dan and I went to dinner with friends from work. Nicole works with me as a Writing Specialist and her husband works somewhat closely with Dan as part of the faculty training and on-boarding crew. We had a really good time. The restaurant we went to had half price margaritas and they were STRONG. I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and my head was spinning. I slept very restlessly for the rest of the night and was thankful when it was morning. I think I will get a smaller sized one next time I go. We spent three hours chatting and after we headed out, Dan and I were going to meet my supervisor, Crystal, at a place where there was live music, but when I texted her she said she was getting ready to leave because it was hot and crowded, so we just went home. We sat on the porch for awhile and then I went to bed around 9:30.

So, essentially, I have another home improvement under my belt and another fun night with friends in the books. My next project may be the yard, but I will wait on that until it starts to cool down a bit. I am not sure yet what I even want to do. Our yard is super small, so I think a couple of trees in the back yard and some different perennial flowers will suffice. The flowers that are here now look very much like weeds. I definitely want to plant something prettier.

That is about all that is going on here right now. Things still continue to go well and time continues to fly by. In the blink of an eye, we will have lived here for a year. It’s hard to believe it’s been three months already, but it’s nice to have all the turmoil in the rear-view mirror. I hope you all have a very blessed weekend!

Lori August 7, 2018 at 10:34 am

I had a employee review at the school I work at now, they did a 30 day one. It was basically for if things were not working out, so I am sure you will do great! I am not worried.
I am glad you have your gutters up. It is so interesting they do not use them down there. Is that what you had written or were they just not on your house? In any case, I would feel better having them.
I am done with home improvements…I will put nice flowers out in the fall of course…my summer ones are dying from the heat. It is supposed to rain today, I really hope it does.
Everything happens in a blink. It makes me sad sometimes. Have a great week! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: